Prepare yourself. The recipe we are about to give you is not something commonly found on a restaurant menu or fast-food drive through. It’s requires no cooking, no heating and no simmering. Interested?! For those in the know, recipes devoid of heat and cooking is a synonym for ‘raw’; that is, uncooked, mostly organic foodstuffs. But, you say, how is that possible? What is this wizardry you speak of?
Here at JMT we have provided you with a recipe to make the greenest of raw chefs a positively master rawster in the making! Seriously, it will look and taste so delicious, that not even your best friend will know!
So put on your aprons, gorgeous rawsters, ready the kitchen counter, and let’s start “uncooking”!
What you’ll need:
The zucchini “pasta”
- 5 large zucchini
Sauce it up
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup coconut water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup raw pine nuts or cashews
- Fresh basil (sufficient to garnish).
- Quartered baby tomatoes
How to make it:
- Wash zucchini under running water, peel and cut into thin slices or to desired thickness
- Place zucchini “pasta” into a bowl and put aside for later
- Put all the other ingredients (excluding the basil and tomatoes) into a blender and blend into creamy, smooth consistency
- Pour your sauce onto the zucchini pasta and stir
- Add a few pieces of fresh basil and tomatoes, finely chopped and quartered to garnish as desired
- Serve and enjoy!
So tell us, what’s your favourite raw recipe? Let us know in the comments below!